Code Of Conduct For Students
- Should wear only formals with shirts tucked in.
- Jeans should not be worn.
- Only formal shoes; sports or canvas shoes are not allowed.
- Dhothi/ lungi/ shorts are not allowed.
- Lab coats and prescribed shoes are to be worn during laboratory classes.
- Wearing short chains around the neck, plastic bracelets are not permitted.
- Should wear only Chudidhar with Dupatta pinned on both sides.
- Ornaments like anklets, glass bangles, etc. which will cause distraction will not be allowed.
- Loose hair is not allowed. Hair should be plaited or tied.
- Lab coats and shoes are to be worn during laboratory classes.
Bus And Transportation
- Students must carry the College bus pass and individual ID card while travelling by college bus.
- Students should travel only by the bus route indicated in the bus pass and they should board and alight at the same point in the route.
- Students should be seated during the journey and footboard travelling is strictly prohibited.
- Students should not move inside the bus or lie down on the seat during the journey.
- Students should refrain from dancing, singing, shouting, disturbing other students etc. which disturbs the decorum inside the bus.
- Celebration of bus day, birthday, Holi or any other functions/festivals is strictly prohibited.
- The instructions given by the faculty members travelling by the bus should be strictly adhered and students should not indulge in any kind of unruliness inside the bus.
- Students are not allowed to talk with the other gender.
Canteen / Mess
- Seating arrangements should not be altered by students inside the canteen/mess for any reason.
- Canteen is meant for limited purpose of dining and should not be used for academic or recreational activities.
- Misbehavior inside canteen/mess services is an offence and is punishable.
- Students should be polite and courteous to the canteen staff.
- Boys and girls should stand in separate queues to collect tokens.
- Canteen timings should be strictly adhered.
- Students are not allowed to go to canteen during class hours.
CANTEEN TIMINGS (only on working days)
- Breakfast : 7:30am-8:15 am
- Lunch : 12:45 pm - 01:30 pm
- Breakfast : 7:30 am - 8:15 am
- Lunch : 12:45 pm - 01:30 pm
- Snacks : 04.00 pm - 5.00 pm
- Dinner : 7:30 pm - 8.30 pm
- Students must wear I.D card in the campus.
- Students must have their breakfast before the commencement of the first hour.
- Parents are requested to advice their ward suitably in this matter.
- Students should not celebrate any function by themselves like Friendship day, Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Annual day, Teachers day, New Year’s Day, Holi, etc. within the College campus.
- Students littering (throwing any kind of items such as waste paper, fruit peels, tea cups, plates etc.) are not permitted inside the campus.
- Entry into and exit from the College and hostel should only be through designated points/gates.
- Walking on the lawns and playground is strictly prohibited.
- Use of cameras is not permitted inside the campus, without the written permission from the College authorities.
- Students indulging in ragging, smoking/consumption of alcohol and physical assault within the campus and college bus is prohibited and students indulging in the same will be dismissed.
- Scooters/motorcycles usage inside campus is not permitted (and parents are cautioned, in the interest of the safety of their wards, not to permit their wards to travel by
- scooter/motorcycle/any other two wheeler)
- Students should be punctual to the classes (expected to be inside the classroom at least five mins before the commencement of the class) they should attend all classes regularly and participate fully in all learning and assessment activities.
- Attendance for tests and Model examinations is compulsory.
Test Schedule is as mentioned below:
S. No Test Portion Probable day of exam 1 Unit Test – I Unit I 15th Working day 2 Internal Assessment –I Unit I & II 28th Working day 3 Unit Test – II Unit III 39th Working day 4 Internal Assessment –II Unit III & IV 50th Working day 5 Internal Assessment –III Unit I to V 70th Working day
- They should go to library only during the library hours with the accompaniment of the teaching staff or when there are no classes.
- Submission of records, observation notebooks and assignments on time is compulsory.
- Students cannot absent themselves from the classes without prior approval of the Class Advisors/HoDs.
- Leave application in the prescribed format should be submitted with the signature of Class/Faculty advisor and HoD. Hostellers should get the leave letter signed by the Class/Faculty advisor, HoD and Warden during holidays. On the other days it has to be submitted with the signature of Class/Faculty advisor and HoD. Those who stay alone in outside hostels will have to obtain approval of their parents/guardians.
- When students fall sick, intimation should be given to HODs or Class Advisors about the nature of sickness, duration of leave required, etc. On the next day of the absence leave applications (letters) signed by the parents along with doctor’s certificate should be submitted.
- Students should ensure a minimum of 75% attendance in each subject as they are otherwise not eligible to appear for the University examinations.
Leave On Duty
Permission or leave on duty will be given only in the following cases:
- Students who are permitted to take part in paper presentations.
- A limited number of students will be permitted to take part in cultural, sports and other competitions in other colleges on a ‘first come first served’ basis and the criteria of ‘no arrears’ may also be applicable as appropriate.
- The institution reserves the right to amend the code of conduct for students as and when the situation warrants.