Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science is offering BE computer Science and Engineering at UG level and ME Computer Science and Engineering at PG level. The Department was started in 1993. It is a well organized department and the UG / PG students are well motivated towards excellence. The department has well established laboratories for UG and PG students. The Software labs are well maintained and conditioned powered by DELL and Pentium systems of latest configuration and 24 hours Internet facility. The Internet (50 Mbps) and laboratory facilities are available for staff and students round – the clock. All the labs are well equipped with many modern facilities / utilities. The department has its own Local Area Network. More than 250 latest computers are installed in the computer labs with the help of structured cabling technique. There are two servers and 5 line UPS of 10KVA each in order to utilize the computing effectively. Special PC Server is also serving in the department. Few of the laboratories are: Network Lab, Data Structure Lab, Communication Lab, PG Research Lab, CISCO Lab etc.
PG Research and Development Lab has more than 30 systems with core i5 processor, 6.4G Hz processor speed, 8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disc, Dell mother Board. The system software lab, Linux / Unix lab, DBMS lab, case tools lab are provided with Dual core processors, with 3GB Processor speed, 160GB hard disc and Visual Studio 6.0, Window 7 / Linux, Rational Rose, JAVA jdu1.7, SQL server, ORACLE etc,. The students who have passed out from the department are well placed in National / International companies such as the ME students of this department are placed in various Engineering colleges as Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professors in the states TamilNadu & Kerala. Every year, considerable number of outgoing students of CSE department secure academic ranks of Anna University, Chennai at UG & PG levels.
Recently the ME (CSE) students of our college obtain 10 State Level Ranks and abtain 2nd Position in the State. The department is a Recognized Center for Cloud Computing & Nodal Center for CISCO Network Training. The department often organizes National level Conferences / Seminars / Video Conferencing by Alumni on advanced / latest topics and the faculty are publishing research – oriented papers at the International / National Journal / Conferences. The department has well qualified faculty specialized in various field of CSE. Three of the faculty had been trained by cloud EMC2 and another three by CISCO Network Academy. Indusrial Training Programmes are carried out by reputed MNC’s representatives.
To emerge as a “center for excellence” offering technical education and research opportunities of very high standards to students, develop total personality of the individual, and instill high levels of discipline and strive to set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong
i. To dedicate and commit ourselves to achieve, sustain and foster unmatched
ii. excellence in technical education. .
iii. To this end, we will pursue continuous development of infrastructure and enhance state of art equipment to provide our students a technologically up-to-date and intellectually inspiring environment of learning, research, creativity, innovation and professional activity..
01. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
02. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
03. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
04. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
05. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
06. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
07. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
08. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
09. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
4 years (Regular) / 3 years (Lateral Entry)
No. of Semesters:
8 (Regular) / 6 (Lateral Entry)
Intake / No. of Seats:
Total - 60 (Government - 30, Management - 30)
10+2 system of Education. Must have secured a pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
For more information Click here
Planners, Designers, Constructors & Operators | Stewards of the Environment | Innovators & Integrators of Technology | Managers of risk | Leaders in Public Policy | Public Sector Undertaking | Government Sector
Scope for Higher Studies:
Description No of Rooms Total Area (m2) Class Rooms UG - 6, PG - 2 472.25 Faculty Rooms HOD - 1, Faculty - 2 112.8 Seminar Hall 1 150.35 Department Library 1 40.80 R & D Cell 1 58.20 Laboratories 8 412.50
PG & R&D Laboratory
Linux & Unix Laboratory
System Software Laboratory
Case Tools Laboratory
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS
B.E - Computer Science and Engineering
Academic Year Student Name Rank 2017-18 Israth fathima M 27 2017-18 Roshan shabeeha M 31 2015-16 Pandi selvam T 18 2015-16 Dhuvaragan SH 23 2015-16 Rajajagadeeswaran R 40 2015-16 Arun kumar A 50 2013-14 Abdur rahman M 32 2013-14 Menagga K 34 2013-14 Arockia raja P 41
M.E - Computer Science and Engineering
Academic Year Student Name Rank 2018-19 HAARINI M 17 2018-19 MAHALAKSHMI S 21 2018-19 CHRISTY CAROLINE P RAYEN A 22 2017-18 BARGANA M 34 2015-16 BRINDHA ROSELIN G 19 2015-16 SOUNDARIYA S 24 2015-16 VINOTHA VARSHINI M 25 2015-16 SOWMIYA M N 26 2015-16 SANGEETHA R 29 2015-16 RAMKUMAR G 29 2015-16 SARANYA K 38 2015-16 ABINAYA S P 40 2015-16 SANTHA LAKSHMI M 42 2015-16 JESSIMA J 44 2015-16 AMMU K P 44 2015-16 MOHANA PRIYANKA K 47 2015-16 THAVA VEERA MURUGAN K 50 2014-15 MEGALA C 32 2014-15 VIMALA R 47 2013-14 THEEBIHA.V 18 2013-14 RUFINA.A 24 2013-14 SARANYA.R 27 2013-14 BROSMIYA BEGAM.M 30 2013-14 YOHESWARI.S 33 2013-14 GAYATHRI.S 35 2013-14 MADHU SANGEETHA.S 36
Sl No. STAFF NAME DEGREE DESIGNATION 1 Dr.R.Karthikeyan M.E.,Ph.D Professor & HOD 2 Dr.T.Sheik Yousuf M.Tech.,M.E.,Ph.D Professor 3 Mr.M.Mohamed Sithik M.E., (Ph.D) Associate Professor 4 Dr. B. Aysha Banu M.E.,Ph.D Professor 5 Dr.V.Balamurugan M.E.,Ph.D Professor 6 Ms.B.Rasina Begum M.B.A.,M.E.,Ph.D Associate Professor 7 Dr.K. Senthil M.E.,Ph.D Professor 8 Mr. S.Ramamoorthi M.E., (Ph.D) Assistant Professor 9 Mr. S. Faizal Mukthar Hussain M.Tech., Assistant Professor 10 Ms.C.JeyaLakshmi M.E., Assistant Professor 11 Mr.A.Mohamed Uveise M.Tech., Assistant Professor 12 Mr.T.Thinesh Kumar M.E., Assistant Professor 13 Mr.V.R.Sathis Kumar M.E., Assistant Professor 14 Ms.M.Shanmuga Priya M.E., (Ph.D) Assistant Professor 15 Mr.T.Kumaragurubaran M.Tech., (Ph.D) Assistant Professor 16 Mr.J.Mohammad Bilal M.E., Assistant Professor 17 Ms.K.Mohana Priyanka M.E., Assistant Professor
CO-CURRICULAR, EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, SPORTS
NEWSLETTERS AND MAGAZINE
A newsletter “STRUCTURA” is prepared and published yearly by the students of the Civil Engineering. The newsletter focuses on the current trends in the Construction Industry, placements, training information and higher education opportunities.
An annual magazine is published every year by the college which contains technical and non-technical articles, literature and art. This provides an opportunity for the students to explore and understand the skill of writing and publishing their articles in this magazine.
|Sl No.||Name of the news letter||Year of Publication||Advisory Committee||Board of Editors|
|1||STRUCTURA’19||April 2019||Dr.D.Alagia Meenal, Dr.P.Sathees Kumar, D. Zunaithur Rahman||Agram Raja V, Syed Afrith, A Agila Preethi T|
|2||STRUCTURA’18||April 2018||Dr.D.Alagia Meenal, Dr.P.Sathees Kumar, D. Zunaithur Rahman||Moulitharan S, Vetrivel D, Israth fathima I|
|3||STRUCTURA’17||April 2017||Dr.D.Alagia Meenal, Dr.P.Sathees Kumar, D. Zunaithur Rahman||Mohamed Riyas R, Ilayaraja M, Karthika T|