Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
This Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 1994 and has produced more than 900 graduates in the field of EEE who are all well employed at the National and International organizations. The department has well qualified and experienced faculty from renowned institutions with various specializations such as Power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, Power Electronics, Applied Electronics, control systems, Instrumentation etc. The department offers BE in EEE and ME in Power systems Engineering and is headed by a professor who is possessing Ph.D. degree in Electrical power. There are more than three faculties of this department holding fellowships of Institution of Engineers (India), and many other faculty are life members of Indian Society for Technical Education.
The department has well –equipped laboratories such as Electrical Machines Lab (with all the types A.C / D.C. machines), Measurement Lab, Instrumentation and control lab, Power Electronics and Drives lab, Power Systems Simulation Lab, Electronic Devices and Cirucits Lab, Engineering Practice Lab etc.
The labs include the Instrumental set up for the analysis of stability, operation and control of Power System, Load flow analyzer, Transformer Oil Testing equipment to provide consultancy service to private power sector companies, Digital Storage Oscilloscope to study to transient analysis of Inverter / Converter setups, Programmable Logic Controller etc. The department often organizes programmes to visit all Power Stations for students to get training. Heptic Research Activities are progressing in the department in the areas of Solar, Wind Power generations etc.
The department organizes National conferences / Seminars on latest topics of Power Engineering such as Renewable Energy Sources, Gas Turbine Power Generation, Solar Power Generation, Distributed Generation System (DGS), Energy Auditing & Power Quality Control etc. The faculty have been publishing research papers in International Journals and such as Elsivier, IEEE etc. / National Journals Conferences. The prototype model of conventiaonal as wel as renewable power generation setups made by our students were well appreciated by all eminent visitors and published in News Papers.
Electrical Machines I & II LaboratoryThis lab consists of DC Machines and AC Machines .By conducting various experiments such as noload and load test, the students will get and also gathering practical knowledge.
Measurement & Instrumentation LaboratoryThis lab include the kelvin, Anderson, Schering, Wheatstone bridge, Experiments on transducer, instrument transformer and instrumentation amplifier .through which students can develop design knowledge
Electrical Engg Practice LaboratoryThis lab include the full wave and half wave controlled rectifier, AC voltage controller, IGBT and MOSFET based choppers, PWM inverter and simulation of chopper fed drive and three phase rectifier were conducted.
Simulation Laboratory3This lab include Y-bus determination symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault calculation economic dispatch using MATLAB.
- S.AJITH ,HAMEED RAJA Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on Direct torque control of three phase Induction motot system fed by photo Voltaicgenerator FUELS in NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 23rd September 2016, at At:University college ofengineering, Ramanathapuram
- JAMUNA ,GAYATHRI Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on BIONIC EYE in NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 23rd September 2016, at At:University college ofengineering, Ramanathapuram
- SARANYA,PRADEEPA Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on The Line Between Type And Reality Of Robotics And Automation in NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 25th September 2016, at At:Women’s college ofengineering,Kanyakumari
- VANEESWARI.VINNARASI Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on Robotics And Automation-A Generic Process Of Robotics And Automation Controlin NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 25th September 2016, at At:Women’s college ofengineering,Kanyakumari
- MAHDHUM NIHARA.LEENA Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on Automatic Control Of Railway Level Crossing Using RF-ID And Power Generation By Piezo Electric Oscillatorin NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 25th September 2016, at At:Women’s college ofengineering,Kanyakumari
- S.BRIGHTEN.K.KISHORE KUMAR Final year students of Electrical engineering presented the paper on RENEWABLE ENERGY FUELS in NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, during 14th September 2016, at At: VV college ofengineering, Thirunelveli
Sl No. Academic Year Student Name Rank 1 2010-2014 DEEPANA VISVESWARI 2 2 2010-2014 NISHA 36 3 2010-2014 AJMAL KHAN 38
Sl No. Student Name Company 1 Company 2 1 AJITH S SE ELECTRICAL 2 HAMEED RAJA S SE ELECTRICAL 3 HARISH MUGUNTHAN K SE ELECTRICAL 4 JAMUNA A SE ELECTRICAL 5 KISHOR KUMAR K SE ELECTRICAL 6 MARIMUTHU M SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 7 MURUGESAN A SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 8 SARAVANAKUMAR M SE ELECTRICAL 9 SARAVANA KUMAR B SE ELECTRICAL 10 SELVA VENKATESH S SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 11 SYED ALTHAF S SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 12 TAMIL SELVAN M SE ELECTRICAL 13 VANEESHWARI B SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 14 DHINAKARAN K SE ELECTRICAL 15 MOHAMED BADUSHA N SE ELECTRICAL ANAND ELECTRONICS 16 VINNARASI N SE ELECTRICAL 17 AJITH S VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 18 AMIRTHARAJ G VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 19 BRIGHTEN G VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 20 FAHIM HASAN S VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 21 HAMEED RAJA S VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 22 HARISH MUGUNTHAN K VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 23 MOHAMMED ABDUL IRSATH A VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 24 MURUGESAN A VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 25 NIJANTHAN K VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 26 PRADEEPAA C VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 27 SARAVANAKUMAR M VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 28 SELVAGANAPATHI M VENTURE LIGHTNINGS ANAND ELECTRONICS 29 SURESH BABU B VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 30 SYED ALTHAF S VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 31 TAMIL SELVAN M VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 32 VANEESHWARI B VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 33 JEGAN RAJ A VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 34 MOHAMED BADUSHA N VENTURE LIGHTNINGS 35 ANISH KUMAR M ANAND ELECTRONICS 36 CHRISTOPHER A ANAND ELECTRONICS 37 LEENA S ANAND ELECTRONICS 38 MUNEESHWARAN R ANAND ELECTRONICS 39 MANIKANDAN S ANAND ELECTRONICS
Sl No. Date Name of the Programme Details 1 23.09.2018 & 24.09.2018 One day seminar on Optimization Techniques in Power Systems Restructuring Click 2 24.09.2017 & 25.09.2017 Two days workshop on PLC & SCADA Click 3 28.07.2017 & 29.07.2017 Two days workshop on PLC & SCADA Click 4 27.02.2016 One day workshop on E-Cadd Click 5 13.02.2015 One day seminar on Advancement in Automotive technology Click 6 09.10.2015 One day seminar on Retro trends in Conventional Power Plants Click 7 10.09.2015 One day seminar on Perspectives of Energy Conservation Click 8 15.07.2014 One day seminar on Livewire and intellectual automations Click 9 17.08.2014 One day seminar on Energy conservation Click 10 26.12.2014 & 27.12.2014 Five days workshop on PLC & SCADA Click