Every citizen of the country, male and female, enjoys the right to education and employment in an environment of safety and security. The Constitution of India provides for “Gender Equality” and the “Right to life and liberty” to all persons under Articles 14, 19 and 21.It is thus the duty and mandate of every organization to provide maintenance of the fundamental rights to live and work with dignity for all employees: male and female. At the same time, persons sometimes face violations of their fundamental rights. This necessitates the establishment of safeguards to provide gender equality. Due to the historical reasons, working women, often face difficulties and challenges at the work place, thereby necessitating the need for protective measures that safeguard women’s rights and safety.
About the Cell
Women Cell of Mohamed Sathak Engineering College is established with the motto of “towards self empowered mind“. The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students.
With a view to take up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Added to it suggestions for improvement and empowerment among themselves has been given. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programs and other welfare activities.
To promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College and to provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women and enable them to explore their imminent potential in all aspects.h2>Our Mission
To train women to acquire wide range of skills and knowledge and to develop and increase their social, economic and intellectual capacities for peace, security and prosperity of mankind.
- Identification of strong leadership, change-makers among women and girls and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender
- To organize awareness programs on gender sensitization.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for girls and women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To conduct seminars and workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- Arranging seminars to create awareness on the economic, social, political, and legal rights of women.
- Organizing different activities to make women aware of their health, sports, self-defense etc.
- Conducting various competitions to encourage their artistic talents for creative thinking
- To highlight the importance of spirituality, health, hygiene and safety
- Celebration of International Womens Day on March 8th, every year
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job providers” rather than “job seekers”.
- Counseling services for resident and non – resident students
Members of MSEC Women Empowerment Cell
Sl. No. Committee Member Designation Role Contact No. 1 Hajiyani S.M.H.Sharmila Secretary(MSEC) Secretary 04567 - 241327 2 Dr.Alagia Meenal Prof/Head/CIVIL Joint Secretary 9443004367 3 Mrs.A.Shyamala ASP/ECE Member 9994586271 4 Mrs.S.Chitra Devi ASP/EEE Member 9486414128 5 Mrs.A.Ruba AP/IT Member 9791919704 6 Mrs.M.Rekha AP/DASH Member 9597729470 7 Dr.Muthu Shoba Mohan Director/ARCH Member 9486511110 8 Mrs.B.Rasina Begam AP/CSE Member 9944907872 9 Mrs.S.P.Shanmuga Priya ASP/CHEMICAL Member 9842453968 10 Mrs.S.Santhana JayaLakshmi AP/MBA Member 9003602446 11 Mrs.B.Deeba ASP/MCA Member 8248801142