Department of Chemical Engineering
The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in the year 1996 in MSEC, which is the first institute among self financing colleges in Tamil Nadu which started this specialization at undergraduate level. It is one of the well established departments with strong and well knit faculties, good department library with relevant books and excellent laboratory facilities. Three faculty are possessing Ph. D degree and the remaining faculty are pursuing with their Ph.D programmes. The B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering is a focused programme designed to have the balanced version of theoretical knowledge and practical knowhow in the fields of Basic Science, Physics, material science, chemistry, chemical engineering process and control system, Industrial manufacturing etc to solve industrial related chemical problems. The faculty and students are publishing their research oriented papers in National / International journals and conferences which add additional credit to the Department.
The Department organizes through its Chemical Engineering Association & CESA several students level Conferences / Seminars on latest / practical / research oriented topics and also arranges technical lecturers by eminent personalities from Industries, NIT, IIT etc., Every year, this department produces rank holders at the Anna University level including Sliver & Bronze Medalists, and maintaining best position with respect to pass percentage in this region of Anna University, Chennai. The department has cutting edge laboratories such as Mass Transfer lab, Chemical Reaction Engineering lab, Mechanical Operation lab, Technical analysis and instrumentation lab, Process control lab etc. All the equipment / instruments are available in the labs as per syllabus which includes the following also: Steam Distillation, Bubble Cap Distillation Column, Batch Crystallizer, Isothermal Batch Reactor, RTD studies in CSTR, Ball Mill, Cyclone Separator, Digital PH meters, Calorie Meter, Two Tank interacting, Non-interacting Systems, PLC trainer, Cascade Control Trainer Flow, Temperature, Level and Pressure control trainer, Pneumatic Controllers.
The students who successfully complete B.Tech Chemical Engineering will be employed in oil and refinery, fertilizers, paints, chemical, biotech, food industries, pharmaceutical, manufacturing industries in India and outside India. The Alumni are well placed in all top level Organizations.
MASS TRANSFER LABORATORY
To train the students to develop sound working knowledge on different types of mass transfer equipments.
CHEMICAL REACTION ENGINEERING LABORATORY
To enable the students to learn the gas-solid catalytic and non-catalytic reactors and gas-liquid reactors.
FLUID MECHANICS LABORATORY
To learn experimentally to calibrate flow meters, find pressure loss for fluid flows and determine pump characteristics. The following Equipments are available in the laboratory
MECHANICAL OPERATIONS LABORATORY
To enable the students to develop a sound working knowledge on different types of crushing equipments and separation characteristics of different mechanical operation separators
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS LABORATORY
To train the students on basic principles involved in estimation and characterization of industrially important materials. The following Equipments are available in the laboratory
PROCESS CONTROL AND SIMULATION LABORATORY
The following Equipments are available in the laboratory
HEAT TRANSFER LABORATORY
To enable the students to develop a sound working knowledge on different types of heat transfer equipments. The following Equipments are available in the laboratory
PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
To improve the practical knowledge on the properties and characteristics of solvents and mixtures.
- M.Mohamed Uwais , A. Kadar Mohideen, M. Seyad Mohamed, R. Anantha Krishnan, M. Subash of final year CHEMICAL DEPARTMENT has participated and presented a paper on IDENTIFICATION OF PLASTIC WASTE USED IN DIFFERENT WAY AND IDEAS TO CHANGE PLASTIC WASTE INTO CNT AND MNCT in INDIA HACKATHON 2017
- High Powered Board of NDIM conferred the Special Certificate of Dedication and Commitment toM.Mohamed Uwais , A. Kadar Mohideen, M. Seyad Mohamed, R. Anantha Krishnan, M. Subash CHEMICAL DEPARTMENT for working non-stop 36 hours towards finding smart solutions to the problem of various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India at NDIM campus from 8.30 pm on 2nd April 2017.
- India’s premier MBA School planted one fruit tree at Ashabari- a home for the destitute , Amtala Baruipur Road, Kolkata,West Bengal to commemorate the Participation ofM.Mohamed Uwais , A. Kadar Mohideen, M. Seyad Mohamed, R. Anantha Krishnan, M. Subash of final year CHEMICAL DEPARTMENT has in the Grand Finale of the World’s Biggest SMART HACKATHON 2017 on 1st and 2nd April 2017.
- F. God Brain , N.Mohamed Maswooth, R.Thirumoorthy of third year chemical department presented a paper onGREEN TECHNOLOGY in INTERSECT 2K17 SYMPOSIUMat Central Electrochemical Research Institution during 16th Feb 2017.
- F. God Brain , N.Mohamed Maswooth, R.Thirumoorthy of third year chemical department presented a paper onBIOBATTERY (FUEL CELL) in INTERSECT 2K17 SYMPOSIUMat Central Electrochemical Research Institution during 15th Feb 2017.
- K.Saravana Gobinath, P. Muthumari of third year chemical engineering presented a paper onCERAMIC MEMBRANE DEFOULING (CLEANING) BY AIR NANOBUBBLESat Central Electro chemical Research Institution during 15th Feb 2017.
Sl No. Academic Year Student Name Rank 1 2011-2015 APARNA VIJAYAN 1st rank 9.44 CGPA (Gold medal) 2 2010-2014 RENU SURESH 2 3 2010-2014 S. FATHIMA SHANIYA 3 4 2010-2014 K. JEYA SURYA 4
Sl No. Student Name Company 1 Company 2 1 AJITH KUMAR.R KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 2 ANAND.S KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 3 ANANTHAKRISHNAN.R KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 4 BHARATHI.M KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 5 JANARTHANAN.S.K. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 6 JEGANATH.N KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 7 JEYABALAN.G.R. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 8 KADAR MOHIDEEN.A KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 9 MALATHI.K KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 10 MANOJ JEYABALAN.G. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 11 MOHAMED UWAIS.M. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 12 NANDHA KUMAR.M. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 13 RAJAKAVYA.B. KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 14 RANJITH KUMAR.R KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 15 SARAVANAN.S KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 16 SHARMILA.M KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMICALS LIMITED 17 A.ANBU HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 18 R.GOWTHAM HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 19 A. MOHAMED NAVAS SIDDIQUE HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 20 S.MUNEESWARAN HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 21 V.MUTHUKUMAR HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 22 H.RIZANA HONEY HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 23 S.SADAM HUSSAIN HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 24 M.SUBASH HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 25 S. THARUMA PANDI HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 26 S.PRAVEEN PANDIAN HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 27 J.PREJOTH HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 28 L.SATHYENDRAN HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 29 M.SEYAD MOHAMED HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 30 J.SEYAD MOHAMAD HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED 31 J.SELVA RAMESH HINDUSTAN GLASS LIMITED
Sl No. Date Name of the Programme Details 1 31.01.2018 One day seminar on CHEMOSPHERE 2K18 Click 2 20.01.2016 One day seminar on Chemical Engineering Students' Association-2016 Click 3 30.03.2016 National Conference on GreenTechnologies for Energy Management-‘16 Click 4 09.10.2016 One day seminar on CHEMOSPHERE-2K16 Click 5 27.03.2015 & 28.03.2015 International Conference on Green Technologies for Energy Management-‘15 Click 6 28.02.2015 One day seminar on CHEMOSPHERE- 2K15 Click 7 27.08.2014 One day seminar on CHEMOSPHERE 2K14 Click 8 27.01.2014 & 28.01.2014 two days workshop on modelling and simulation for process engineers Click 9 10.06.2013 & 11.06.2013 two days workshop on process simulators for chemical engineers Click 10 20.08.2013 & 21.08.2013 Two days national level conference on recent trends in waste management Click