Department of Agricultural Engineering
Department of Agriculture Engineering, established in 2022, offers 4 years B.Tech - Agriculture Engineering Degree programme. To impart the knowledge on crop cultivation aspects from seed to harvest, the department has a farm along with well-equipped soil science, Agriculture Metrology and Crop Husbandry labs with highly qualified Teaching Faculty. This Department has fully modernized Food and Agricultural Processing Laboratory, latest Soil and Water Modeling Software. Fully centralized on-field irrigation system gives the option of using different irrigation systems. The department offers hands-on training for students from first year onwards on the latest agricultural engineering technologies.
To produce quality excellence in Agricultural Engineering Education, Research and Extension for Sustainable Agricultural Development and Livelihood security of farming community.
i. To educate and train the future professionals to face various agricultural challenges due to global changing scenario.
ii. To discover and improve new technologies for stake holders based on integrated approach.
i. Farm Land for Research and Development.
ii. State of the art laboratory facilities with highly qualified Members of Faculty.
iii. The department offers hands-on training for students with the latest agricultural Engineering technologies.
iv. Department has fully modernized Farm and GIS Laboratory with latest Soil Water Modeling Software.
v. Enviable support and knowledge network includes Farmers, Entrepreneurs, Investors and Academicians.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
01. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
02. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
03. Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
04. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
05. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
06. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
07. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
08. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
09. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Apply knowledge in emerging and varied areas of Aerospace Engineering for higher studies, research, employment and product development.
Communicate their skills and have a sense of responsibility to protect the environment and have ethical conduct towards their profession and commitment to serve the society.
Exhibit managerial skills and leadership qualities while understanding the need for lifelong learning to be competent professionals.